"The Lord makes firm the steps of those who delight in Him; though they stumble, they will not fall. For the Lord upholds them with His hand." ~Psalm 37:23-24

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Mess of Boxes

Categories for People

I am a guy. That means my brain likes to categorize E V E R Y T H I N G.

That being said, I've realized lately that love doesn't categorize. It meets people where they are at. It doesn't come with presuppositions or ideas or agendas, it simply comes to love.

Recently, I was at the park with a group of people, some friends, and some not. I began to speak with a young man who I knew was a Muslim. My mind instantly went into argumentation mode, and I was really unable to love him. He was not great at loving either, but he was much better at accepting things the way they are.

He said he was not afraid of death, because he understood that everyone died at some point.
He said he doesn't judge people for their religion, because we're all learning.
He said I could pray for him, and didn't get weird afterwards, even though he wasn't healed.

I wanted to prove something to him. I wanted to boast in the way that I believed. I wanted to demonstrate my authority over sickness. I wanted to prove him and his whole family wrong.

Does any of that sound like love to you?

Nope. It wasn't. 


About a half an hour later, I was leaving the park, and I felt the nudge of the Holy Spirit to talk to some people (a dad and his two daughters) who were playing on the playground. At first I said no, and kept walking, but then He showed me that I was simply saying no because I knew they wouldn't accept me, and thus I would feel rejected. 

But people are worth meeting, talking to, and loving on! Every human being is made in the beautiful image of God, and has a piece of His character hidden in their personality.

So I went back and awkwardly introduced myself, and walked with them a little ways, mostly listening to the little girl talk about their new cat. It was a beautiful time, and I realized, that I can be excited to talk to people, because Love is excited to talk to people.
God is moved by the little moments, the one time we glance at Him on Sunday morning, the single link of our necklace. He is in love with every single human being ever. 

And love does not put people in boxes. It loves the person for the person.



Mess

Last night I was in the prayer room, and I began to speak and sing to the Lord about how He still comes into my mess to love me. 

But He doesn't.

I was thinking that I was in a mess—the mess of my life, and how I can't get everything together—and that He met me there. But no, He showed me in my heart that I am the mess. The mess isn't something that He wades through to get to the beauty inside, the mess IS the beauty inside.

If we get a hold of that revelation, it will set us free from the fear of man!! Because I know that I have no strength to make myself any better. And if He calls me Son when I am simply Mess, then there is nothing I can do, whether good or bad, to change how He sees me. 


So Abba, I'm asking for a deeper revelation of Your grace that empowers us to live free. Give whoever is reading this a double portion of faith and freedom, in the name of Jesus!!!

God is in LOVE with you!!! Receive it! Believe it! And let it change your world!!

#changedbyperfectlove

No comments:

Post a Comment