"The Lord makes firm the steps of those who delight in Him; though they stumble, they will not fall. For the Lord upholds them with His hand." ~Psalm 37:23-24

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Nothing's more beautiful!

Tonight, at New Life church, I worshipped my God, seeking His face with all that I am and all that I have. Yet, as much as I continued giving my all for Him, I felt (and knew) there was something in the way of our relationship.

Now believe me, when you are in that place of worship, and you can feel His presence, nothing is worth keeping if it's hindering you from love.

He told me what it was. I decided I was getting rid of whatever was enabling me to stay in that place. It's not that He doesn't love me and want me to have something that's good, it's that He knows what's better and tries to give it to me.

He came (and keeps coming) as far as He can until it crosses with our free will.

Picture this:
It's Christmas. You are sitting on the couch next to your favorite brother and your best friend. Your Daddy comes into the room, and you run to His arms, screaming with joy! He picks you up and holds you tight. You can feel the rhythm of His heart beating against your chest. He sets you down, looks you in the eye and tells you He's going to get you a present real quick. You stand there waiting, as your bestest, favoritest Daddy goes out to the garage to get your gift. You are holding a sweet, beautiful card in one hand that was given you by Jesus and Holy, and in the other hand you have an old shredded blanket that has significant sentimental value, as that was the first thing you remember getting from your Daddy. You stand there waiting, and your Daddy comes back in, carrying a huge, wonderful gift. He brings it in, smiling. You hold out your arms to receive, and He says to you: "You won't be able to hold this unless your drop the other things you're holding." Obviously, what do you do?

That's up to you. This card is beautiful, and you don't want to stop looking at it, because you think that would seem ungrateful. You don't want to put down the blanket, because you have never been without it and you don't know if you'll be able to live without it as your source of identity. Plus, you really like both of these items, and don't see a need to let them go.

Why can't Daddy just give me the gift? He wants to, and I want Him to, so, what's keeping Him from that?

The gift is big. Really big. He knows that if He drops it on you now, it's hurt you rather than please you. He wants you to take it, but knows that you can't until you drop everything you now own.

It's not cruel, it's loving. He knows what He has is better than what you have. He knows what is inside the package.

Do you trust Him enough to be empty? Do you trust Him enough to wait? Do you trust Him with your future? All of it? Even if it's painful His way?

Don't think too hard. Just say yes! Right here, right now, whatever is keeping you from the entirety of Him is NOT worth it at all! No matter how wonderful it is, He is more wonderful! No matter how wholesome it is, He is more wholesome! No matter how much you think it will hurt to let it go, He is the bestest Healer! No matter how beautiful it is, He is the MOST beautiful!

Nothing's more worth your time, energy and passion, than our AMAZING, LOVING, BEAUTIFUL Daddy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment