"The Lord makes firm the steps of those who delight in Him; though they stumble, they will not fall. For the Lord upholds them with His hand." ~Psalm 37:23-24

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Guess what? The world lied.

Haha yeah we all know that. The world lies to us all the time. We Christians know that as much as we know we are saved. Yet I find myself sometimes falling into lies that are the most ludicrous, most insanely stupid lies ever, and I believe them because something in my life doesn't make sense.

One I believed for a while was this simple, yet I had never verbalized it before: "God provides for the needs of all His children except your own emotional needs, because you have a special way of distancing yourself unwillingly from God."

Break that down.

Now laugh at it. It's dumb. It has no way of being true at all!

But we still have a way of believing it, even when we know it's wrong. WHY???

Because the human mind works that way. If we tell ourselves there is no solution, we will not be able to understand or accept one when it comes. And the truth is, "There is always a solution".

I am really happy right now.

Because God showed me something! He showed me that He invented success, beauty, all those things everyone seeks to achieve. He then showed me that the world has lied to everyone. It has said that success is doing well, and getting money/fame/dreams-come-true. But no! To be completely true, there is nothing farther than the truth. When people say success, what they are talking about is actually what comes with success. Success, is what we have because of what He paid. Success is what He gave us. It is the victory over sin and death. It is the life we have in Him. And when we believe we have success, we get the things the world calls success. Same with beauty. And life.

That brings me to the idea of faith.

For a long time I thought faith was forcing yourself to believe in something so that it would exist, or work, or whatever. But again, God showed me how the world lied to be about that one. He said that faith is believing in the solution you cannot yet see. It is definitely there, but if we don't actually act upon its existence, we will never see it.

Like success, again, when we believe that success is who we are, not what we do or gain, then we are able to gain what the world thinks is success. Blessing. Favor. Love. Life.

I'm not revising this one, unless someone comments and lets me know of something that needs it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment