"The Lord makes firm the steps of those who delight in Him; though they stumble, they will not fall. For the Lord upholds them with His hand." ~Psalm 37:23-24

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Take the world, but give me Jesus!

Yes, amazing song!

As I sit in my room and worship the Lord, I begon to sing: take the world... but give me Jesus! Take the world, take the world, take the world...

But then He shows me something. I have been believing a lie. The lie that the key to our walk with Him is all about giving up the world, the things that people idolize,  the things that are good in it of themselves, but when taken too far become a very unhealthy obsession. But no, the power and meaning of that song is not take the world, but the Give me Jesus. Yhe point is not "take everything away", but rather "no matter what I have to give, I WANT JESUS!"

It's the holding on to Him with dogged faith and determination that no matter what life makes for us, we run straight to Him. When the darkness, hights, relationships, family problems, pain, loss, depression, failure, terror, or anything else scares us or causes us to feel hopeless, LOOK STRAIGHT to your     D A D D Y!!! His arms are ALWAYS open wide, His eyes ALWAYS on you, and His heart ever pounding with love for you!!! He is jealous for your heart!

When we become attached to things and beliefs and people and feelings, He doesn't want you to stay stuck! He will do whatever He can to remove the veil between you and His son Jesus! But when we cry out for the separation to be removed, for our eyes to be opened, His heart quakes. He is madly in love with you!!! And when you say with all your heart tjat "ALL I WANT IS YOU!!!" He cries back to us: "ALL I EVER WANTESD IS YOU!!!"

He loves you. He loves you. He doesn't need a reason, He is in love with you!

But true love will not force itself on anyone. It waits. It watches. It serves. He will knock on the door until you open up. He will put His hand on the latch of the door, but never open it. He will even sometimes take the feelings of His presence away. Because He wants us to RUN after Him and not rest until we find Him! To not sit at home and sing "Take the world, but give me Jesus" but to throw open the door, and to run after Him. If the world comes with us we've gained the world for Him. But if it stays behind don't turn back.

"You will seek Me and you will find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."
-Jeremiah 29:13

No comments:

Post a Comment