"The Lord makes firm the steps of those who delight in Him; though they stumble, they will not fall. For the Lord upholds them with His hand." ~Psalm 37:23-24

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ask to be hungry


So,

Last week was spent in preparation of a tournament in South Dakota, and the rest of the weekend was literally the BEST tournament ever. Hanging out with the best of friends, and listening to the voice of Holy Spirit was just too much fun!

I had such a blast competing, playing ultimate frisbee, and talking/praying with a bunch of people. But then I came back, and the God who was real for me and many others out there in South Dakota is here with me now, teaching me, loving me, and showing me more of Himself that I could never see before.
He has soo many attributes, and sometimes we just get LOST in one or two of them, like the Father's heart or the power of the Holy Spirit.

And that's just where He wants us. Completely captivated by His love. Fully trusting Him to be who He said He is. And longing for more.

I am just like you. I am not more spiritual, more holy, more righteous. In one sense, I may have experienced more than someone else, but that's not because I'm different. It is that experiencing that makes me different.

Ask, and you shall receive. Seek, and you shall find. Knock, and the One who lives inside will open the door, and let you in.

Do not stop until you're inside the house, and in the arms of the Almighty!

We know Him as the provider, as the One who fills our hunger, but do we know Him as the one who makes us hungry?

He's not the reason for famine, per se, but hunger was built into the human race for a reason. Even before the fall, Adam and Eve had need of all the trees of the garden. They needed food. Why is that?

Without hunger, one cannot be satisfied when they are filled.

So ask. For hunger. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled"

Seek. A longing for Him only. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God"

Knock. On the door of His heart, as He knocks upon yours. "Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me."

There's more to be found!

No comments:

Post a Comment